Rules & Regulations
Conditions of Entry 2013
Conditions of entry are relevant to all sections and need to be read and observed by all participants
- AGE OF COMPETITORS: will be taken as at 1st June 2013
- PAYMENT METHODS:
- Payment may be made at time of online entry via GENI website http://geni.gaia.com.au/ OR
- Deposit to our Bendigo Bank account –
- Eisteddfod by the Bay Inc. BSB 633 000 A/C 145212387 OR BY
- Cheque to the Section Convenor together with a copy of online entry form OR
- completed printed entry form from our website or Schedule of Events
- Entries are automatically withdrawn unless full ENTRANCE FEES are received within one week of entry.
- ENTRIES: are not valid until full ENTRANCE FEE is received. Entries and payment can now be lodged on line. Please see PAYMENT METHODS at end of Rules & Regulations for full details.
- LATE ENTRIES: will be at the discretion of the Section Convenor and will depend on section numbers. You will need to contact the Section Convenor direct if you are applying for late entry.
- ENTRY FEES: will not be refunded unless a section is cancelled.
- SECTION NUMBERS: In the event of there being an insufficient number of entries in any section, The Committee reserves the right to delete or otherwise alter any such section, including the cash prize.
- The adjudicator shall have the power to divide and if a satisfactory standard is not attained, to reduce or withdraw the awards and this decision shall be final.
- The Adjudicator's decision, in all cases, will be final.
- Any approach to The Adjudicator by a competitor or the parent, teacher or friend during the competition is absolutely forbidden and may result in disqualification.
- The Committee reserves the right to appoint a substitute Adjudicator for an announced Adjudicator, and to divide any section for adjudication.
- The decision of The Committee in all questions and disputes arising out of or not provided for by these conditions shall be final. All entries shall be received subject to this provision, and shall not be subject to any appeal at law.
- PROTEST RULE: Any protest must be made in writing signed by the person protesting, and lodged at the registration table, either before the section with proof, or 30 minutes after the adjudication is announced, with a reason for protesting.
- COMPETITORS: All competitors perform at their own risk
- A competitor may be liable for disqualification if not at the Venue when called.
- Competitors must appear in the order in which their names are listed in the programme,
- unless a valid reason is presented beforehand
- Competitors are encouraged to dress neatly and appropriately for their performance
- A piece may be performed once only and is not to be repeated in another section by the same competitor
- Competitors who are not present for adjudication and have won a prize must make their own arrangements to obtain their award themselves. The Committee is not responsible.
- NOVICE SECTIONS: Open to all entrants who have not won a 1st prize in any Eisteddfod or Festival in the last 3 years as at the time of the section closing date.
- TIME LIMIT: MUST BE ADHERED TO WHEN A TIME LIMIT IS SPECIFIED OR YOU MAY BE DISQUALIFIED. Please check maximum times for each section and choose work accordingly.
- COPYRIGHT RULES:
- A SECOND COPY OF THE MUSIC OR TEXT TO BE PERFORMED MUST BE PROVIDED FOR THE ADJUDICATOR with bars numbered prior to the commencement of each section.
- Because of the COPYRIGHT LAW all competitors must produce an original copy of the music or book when performing.
- The Accompanist (if applicable) must have an original copy of the music to play.
- If a photocopy of the music is provided for the Adjudicator, these copies must remain with the Section Convenor and will be destroyed.
- VIDEO OR FLASH CAMERAS CANNOT BE USED INSIDE THE VENUE DURING A PERFORMANCE or disqualification may result
- MOBILE PHONES MUST BE SWITCHED OFF BEFORE ENTERING THE VENUE
- PHOTOGRAPHS - The Committee reserves the right to photograph any item or competitor of the Eisteddfod. By submitting your entry you have automatically granted permission for digital images or photographs to be used for promotional or marketing purposes.
- PRIVACY – Performers’ names will be included in our official programmes and section results will be published on our website and may from time to time appear in media releases. All personal information provided by an entrant is kept on a secure database for administrative purposes and is for the use of Eisteddfod by the Bay Inc. only. This information will not be released to any other parties.
- OFFICIAL ACCOMPANISTS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR RELEVANT SECTIONS, BUT MUST BE CONTACTED 21 DAYS PRIOR TO PERFORMANCE.
THE EISTEDDFOD BY THE BAY WILL BE MOVING TO FULL ONLINE ENTRY VIA THE GENI SYSTEM
IN 2014 AND WE THEREFORE ENCOURAGE OUR ENTRANTS TO BECOME FAMILIAR WITH OUR ONLINE SYSTEM THIS YEAR